Motion Controllers, Temperature & Process
Controllers, Servo Drives, VFDs, Motors &
Measurement, Photo & Proximity Sensors
Omron Automation & Safety is a worldwide company and leading manufacturer of technologically advanced industrial automation products offering unsurpassed application expertise. With core competences in sensing, control, vision and panel components, Omron is also a world-class supplier of complete motion control solutions including programmable logic controllers (PLCs), machine controllers, human machine interfaces, variable frequency drives and servos.
Omron’s Automation Systems include programmable controllers that support machine control, and network/software products to support easy information exchange with host systems.
• Machine Automation Controllers – Omron’s Sysmac NJ machine automation controller integrates logic, motion, vision and networks using their new software, Sysmac Studio.
• Programmable Logic Controllers – Omron offers smart remote I/Os, compact CP1 PLCs, the high-performance modular CJ2, and the backplane-based CS1 series for large applications. All Omron PLCs are programmed and commissioned via CX-Programmer, a part of Omron’s CX-One automation suite.
• Remote I/O – Omron offers open networks such as Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNET, and PROFIBUS-DP that allow easy integration in existing installations and ensure compatibility with third party systems. In addition, Omron offers Compobus/S, Omron’s proprietary sensor/actuator bus, for cost efficient, fast and program-less configuration.
• Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) – Omron’s range includes the NS Series scalable HMI, the NB Series compact touch screens, the NV Series Micro-HMI, and the NT function-key type displays.
• Software – Omron’s software solutions reduce complexity by providing an integrated environment, with single install and lifetime online upgrades, enabling users to design a complete multi-discipline modular automation system.
Omron’s Motion & Drives offering includes Sysmac machine automation controllers (described above), motion controllers, servo motors and inverters ideal for positioning, speed and torque controls in various automation systems.
• Motion Controllers – Omron motion controllers offer programming simplicity without compromising on system performance from 1 to 256 axes.
• Servo Systems – Omron’s range of servo systems are unique in offering the highest performance in the most compact size.
• Variable Frequency Drives – Developed to harmonize motor and machine control, Omron’s frequency inverters provide precise operation for fast cyclic operations and torque control capability in open and closed loop configuration.
OMRON Sensing Components detect, measure, analyze, and process various changes that occur on production sites, such as changes in position, length, height, displacement, and appearance. They also contribute to predicting and preventing future events. Their vast product range includes:
• Photoelectric Sensors
• Fiber Optic Sensors
• Proximity Sensors
• Limit Switches
• Vision Sensors and Systems
• Measurement Sensors
• Rotary Encoders
• Auto Identification Systems (RFID)
• Ultrasonic Sensors
Today, forward thinking manufacturers clearly realize the new role of increased safety on the factory floor. Omron STI is a combination of STI safety knowledge and Omron global automation experience-focuses on making safety work for you. Omron’s safety products include:
Omron STI provides safety light curtains to solve your optical guarding needs. From compact models designed for machine locations where space is tight, to larger, robust light curtains powerful enough to guard large perimeters, Omron STI offers you a choice:
• Multiple built in functionality
• Floating; Blanking; Muting
• Individual Beam indicators
• Short to long spans
Safety Laser Scanners
World’s most: compact size (104.5 mm height), power efficient (5 W) and light weight (1.3 kg)
• Range: up to 3 m for safety zone and 10 m for warning zones
• 70 sets of safety zone and warning zone combinations
• Configuration memory block, no need to reprogram after sensor replacement, minimal down time
• Easy-to-use software tool simplifies creation of complex zone combinations
NE1A Safety Network Controllers and Monitoring Relays
Control reliability is mandated in U.S. standards for safety implemented circuits. These criteria can be met by using redundant safety-rated device outputs in conjunction with a safety relay. Safety relays range in function from stop motion detection to 2-hand palm button control, to dual channel input units with time-delayed outputs that provide conformity to ANSI B11.19, Section 5.1. All safety relays carry the CE mark and are UL and C-UL listed.
Safety Network Controllers
NE1A Safety Network Controller can be used 3-ways: as a stand-alone controller; as an expandable safety network with remote I/O blocks; or combined with an existing DeviceNet network to form a Safety + Control Network. Eliminate long runs of complicated wiring during installation. This system replaces wiring with a network between safety components distributed over many different locations. Programmable safety function blocks eliminate rewiring to make modifications. Safety I/O Terminals can be added to increase safety I/O capacity for distributed allocation through the network.
Safety Interlock Switches
Omron STI safety switches are designed to work together with hinged, sliding, or lift-off guards and barriers. When the guard is opened, the power supply to the machine is disconnected.
• Compact sizes.
• Several contact arrangements.
• Heavy-duty housing for demanding industrial applications.
• Optional E-stop provides emergency stopping at the extreme end of the installation.
• Safety lock mechanism prevents operating errors.
A4EG Enabling Grip Switches
Enabling Grip Switch with distinct feel for three easily discernible positions
• The difficult task of configuring safety circuits is now easily achieved by combining the A4EG with the G9SX-GS.
• In addition to the standard models, the lineup also includes models with an emergency stop switch and models with a momentary operation switch
• An optional Holding Key (sold separately) provides a versatile method for selecting modes.
• Equipped with conduit connector.
Safety Contact Strips and Safety Bumpers
The safety edge or safety bumper are flexible strips which can be fixed to the edge of a moving part such as a machine table or powered door where there is a risk of a crushing or shearing hazard. If the moving part that includes the safety edge or bumper strikes operator (or vice versa) the flexible safety edge is depressed and will send a signal to the power source to stop.
Quick Disconnect Universal Safety Mats
Rugged Omron STI Universal Safety Mats guard machine operators against some of the potential hazards and dangers of the modern manufacturing environment. An Omron STI Universal Safety Mat system (UM series safety mat combined with an MC3, MC4, or MC6) offers a simple method for guarding personnel around hazardous machines. A safety mat system offers freedom, flexibility, and reduced operator fatigue when compared with traditional guarding methods. Full visibility of and access to the work area is maintained.
• Temperature Controllers
• Power Supplies
• Programmable Relays
• Digital Panel Meters
• Metering & Monitoring Devices
OMRON Switching Components provide high levels of control, reliability and accuracy with a line that includes the following products:
• Electromechanical Relays – A comprehensive range of general purpose and special purpose industrial relays capable of switching loads from micro-amps to 40 A.
• Solid-State Relays – With output current ranging from 2 to 150, these solid state relays are suitable for almost every need.
• Monitoring Products – Consisting of single-phase current and voltage relays, three-phase voltage relays and conductive level and leakage controllers, this range is suitable for a wide range of applications.
• Pushbutton Switches – This diverse range of high quality 16 or 22 mm pushbutton switches offer practical solutions for industrial applications.